United Nations OHCHR Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent (Fully-funded to Geneva, Switzerland) 2018
The United Nations Human Rights Office of The High Commissioner is calling for applications for the 2018 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent.
It provides the participants with an intensive learning opportunity to deepen their understanding of the United Nations human rights system, instruments and mechanisms, with a focus on issues of particular relevance to people of African descent. The Fellowship Programme will allow the participants to better contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries.
In the framework of the Programme of Activities for the Implementation of the International Decade for People of African Descent, this year the Fellowship will be held from 19 November to 7 December 2018 in Geneva, Switzerland.
Each fellow is entitled to a return ticket (economy class) from the country of residence to Geneva; basic health insurance; and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the Programme.
To apply for the fellowship, Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- Needs to have sufficient command of the English language to be able to participate fully in the programme.
- Must submit a letter from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights certifying their status.
- Must be available to attend the full duration of the programme. The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the programme.
DEADLINE: 1st June 2018
For more information and to apply, visit here